When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

LOLFIRST!!1!

Everyone has to start somewhere.

I started playing World of Warcraft in January of 2006. In February of 2006, I was lucky enough to join the Watchmen, the finest guild on Kul Tiras. I started, as we all did, without the slightest clue on how to do anything, really. I love to learn, though, and so I read. Everything. Even the bad stuff.

It took me several months, but I finally leveled to 60 and started raiding Molten Core with the guild. I got my Aurastone Hammer, which was absolutely the sign that you had "made it" as a paladin. Aside from a brief stint as a reckbomber in the 40s, I was holy for most of my career.

Patch 2.0, we're doing BWL. I grind out 2 epic PvP pieces in Alterac Valley as a Ret Pally. 6 second Crusader Strikes plus bubbles = GG.

Burning Crusade. I respec to holy/prot and start levelling. Turns out, hitting things with a hammer is a lot of fun. Ding, 61. What the hell, I'll level to 70 as Protection.

Today. 15K unbuffed health. Finally accepted as a "real tank" by my peers. Success is sweet, but short lived. You are only as good as your last raid, amiright?

Hang on kids, the ride is just getting started.

No comments: